Re: Permanently caching password

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Permanently caching password
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:54:06 -0500

On Wed, 21 May 2008 07:48:53 -0400 Haines Brown <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Is it not possible to use .netrc instead ?
HB> Adrian,

HB> Thanks for the tip. I knew nothing of .netrc, but find that it works
HB> for all all my sites but one, and that one seems more a problem of
HB> aliasing than it is of obtaining the PW from .netrc.

Since I added the netrc-specific code recently, I may be able to help
with this (unless you're using a version of Tramp before my changes).

Are you using the latest Tramp from CVS or is it an older version?
What's the host name?  Do you see auth-source messages in your
*Messages* buffer, and if yes what do they say?

Ted