Re: tramp (2.1.15-pre); fails to open remote file on a Linksys router ru

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.15-pre); fails to open remote file on a Linksys router running OpenWRT Kamikaze 7.09 [Dropbear sshd v0.50, BusyBox v1.4.2].
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:45:28 +0100

Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear TRAMP developers,

Hi,

> I use a public key without passphrase for authentification and
> ~/.ssh/config contains the user name, but
>
> emacs-snapshot -Q --eval "(setq tramp-verbose 8)" router:/etc/hosts

I guess you mean /router:/etc/hosts

> fails to open said file on a Linksys router running
> OpenWRT Kamikaze 7.09 [Dropbear sshd v0.50, BusyBox v1.4.2].
>
> The error message is highly uninformativ.  Please find below contents of
> the *Messages*, *tramp/scp router* an *debug tramp/scp router* buffers.

> File error: Couldn't find an inline transfer encoding

This message means, that Tramp cannot find a suitable program on the
router to encode/decode files. It looks for mimencode, mmencode, recode,
perl etc. The traces show also, that stty is not found on the router.

Could you, please, check the existence and location of those programs?