Re: tramp (2.1.16-pre); Wicked slowdown

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.16-pre); Wicked slowdown
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:59:15 +0200

David Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, here's the same thing with tramp-verbose = 10 and zipped in
> one file; hopefully that should be accepted.  I find this one even
> more interesting to ediff.

What I have seen from the traces is that the Tramp versions on linux and
mac differ. The version on mac is the more recent one.

Recently, I have changed something with respect to prompt recognition
and cache handling; maybe the slowdown is because of this. Could you,
please, install recent Tramp from CVS on both machines, and check
whether it happens on linux as well?

And maybe you remember the timestamp of tramp.el as installed on linux
just now, that we have a starting point for comparision.

> David Abrahams

Thanks, and best regards, Michael.