Domain names with dots

From: Simo Melenius
Subject: Domain names with dots
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:11:25 +0300

It seems that tramp doesn't like domain names with dots. I had
problems with the smb backend and connecting to a Windows domain that
has a dot in its name. The first remedy was to change
tramp-domain-regexp in tramp.el like this:

(defconst tramp-domain-regexp
  "[a-zA-Z0-9\.]+"
  "*Regexp matching domain names.")

As tramp-domain-regexp is apparently shared with different backends,
can you tell me if this interferes with any other backends? Or simply
whether "address@hidden" would do just as well? I hope to find this issue fixed
in upstream.

thanks in advance,

() Today is the car of the cdr of your life.
/\ http://arc.pasp.de/