Re: X11 forwarding from remote shell process

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: X11 forwarding from remote shell process
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:11:10 +0200

Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I configure tramp so that remote shell
> commands that create X11 windows will result in those windows being
> displayed on my local machine? (Both machines are running ubuntu.)

You can set environment variables for the remote machine. Something like

     (add-to-list 'tramp-remote-process-environment "DISPLAY=myhost:0")

See (info "(tramp)Remote processes") for details.

Another trick might be that you put "ForwardX11 yes" or
"ForwardX11Trusted yes" to your ~/.ssh/config file for that host.

> Thanks a lot,
> Dan

Best regards, Michael.

PS: If you have more questions, I'll not be able to answer. Tomorrow
morning I'll start my vacations, being offline for three weeks.