imap-hash.el and tramp-imap.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: imap-hash.el and tramp-imap.el
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:28:27 -0500

Attached are imap-hash.el and tramp-imap.el, I worked on them this
weekend.

imap-hash.el lets you treat an IMAP mailbox as a hash.  It lets you get
individual keys' headers and body data (keys are message UIDs) or map a
function across *all the messages in the mailbox*.  The function is only
called for those that match a given subject, but really I should be
using SEARCH.  So the library is not optimized for speed.  Also, it does
not handle invalid mailbox names gracefully yet.  Consider it an alpha
version.

I plan to eventually use imap-hash.el to store distributed Gnus data,
specifically the Gnus registry, the newsrc file, scoring files,
etc.

tramp-imap.el uses imap-hash.el to provide a Tramp interface to read and
write files as messages in an IMAP mailbox.  It's also an alpha version,
but it will at least let you (given a valid IMAP mailbox) read and write
directory contents.  It uses EPG (thanks to Daiki Ueno's help) to
encrypt the file contents when they are stored as messages.

Ted