Re: Tramp hanging on connection to remote host.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp hanging on connection to remote host.
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:27:39 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Hello Michael,

Hi Gérald,

>> > (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/tramp/lisp/")
>>
>> Oops, that's dangerous. Tramp writes persistent data into the file
>> "~/.emacs.d/tramp". Please use another directory, or change the value of
>> `tramp-persistency-file-name'.
>
> OK, in adding this directory to "load-path" I simply followed something I
> found on internet.  Is this directory required?

If you haven't installed your own Tramp version, this is not
necessary. I recommend to remove this line.

>> > (setq tramp-verbose 10)

This is good for now, testing. If everything runs well, you don't need
to set this verbosity.

> The *tramp/pscp address@hidden buffer:
>
> stty -inlcr -echo kill '^U' erase '^H'
> $ $

The famous double prompt problem. This ought to be solved for a long
time ... maybe you have installed another (older) Tramp version, indeed?

You could check this with "M-x list-load-path-shadows". You could also
check your Tramp version with "C-h v tramp-version".