Re: tramp (2.1.18-23.2); emacs on WinXp remote access FreeBSD

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.18-23.2); emacs on WinXp remote access FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:30:21 +0200

Zhang hw <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,Michael

Hi,

> The new debug buffer message you need is in the attachment.It works
> well with the as5 servers of company by the way,perhaps I'd change my
> box to as5.

Honestly, the traces don't show any error. So I don not know what I
could do else but debugging in your environment (which isn't possible,
of course).

What I can tell is that *BSD targets always raise problems. See
tramp-sh.el and its dozen of comments for workarounds. Maybe there is
also another problem we haven't detected yet.

OTOH, Tramp 2.2 might behave better in your case. There are several
bugfixes which are not included in Tramp 2.1.18.

I'm very sorry that I cannot help.