Re: TRAMP hanging on “Waiting for prompts …”

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: TRAMP hanging on “Waiting for prompts …”
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:53:49 +0200

Sean Whitton <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Michael,

Hi Sean,

> I left the test running and popped out, assuming it would time out
> eventually.  It didn’t, so the tramp buffer was 12MB—I’ve therefore cut
> out the middle of it since it’s all just repeated.
>
> Otherwise, contents of the two buffers attached.  Here are my tramp and
> .ssh/config settings in case they are relevant:

Nothing mysterious there.

The following command sequence has been performed:

# /bin/sh
# exec ssh -l swhitton  -e none athena

There is a prompt after the first command; no output after the second
one. Strange.

Could you, please, open a local shell and apply both commands? Maybe
there is a TERM problem.

If this doesn't help, please start a fresh Emacs via "emacs -Q", and
open directly "C-x C-f /ssh:address@hidden:". Maybe this works.