Re: answer to shell script question after login

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: answer to shell script question after login
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:07:40 +0100

Canellas <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Rodrigo,

> 1 - When I compile a file, and there is an error, the cursor does not
> jump to the line in the source code buffer, when I type 'enter' on the
> message in the output buffer...

This doesn't sound Tramp related. But there were some similar bugs
reported to Emacs recently, like
Maybe it is related to this? If not, you should fire a bug report
towards Emacs.

> 2 - Every time I run 'make' I am asked to type the password again.

Check the Tramp manual, section "Password handling". The password cache
expires per default after 16 seconds. You could set `password-cache-expiry'
to nil, which disables the expiration.

> Again, thank you very much!!
> Rodrigo Canellas

Best regards, Michael.