Re: answer to shell script question after login

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: answer to shell script question after login
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:07:40 +0100

Canellas <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Rodrigo,

> 1 - When I compile a file, and there is an error, the cursor does not
> jump to the line in the source code buffer, when I type 'enter' on the
> message in the output buffer...

This doesn't sound Tramp related. But there were some similar bugs
reported to Emacs recently, like
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9749>.
Maybe it is related to this? If not, you should fire a bug report
towards Emacs.

> 2 - Every time I run 'make' I am asked to type the password again.

Check the Tramp manual, section "Password handling". The password cache
expires per default after 16 seconds. You could set `password-cache-expiry'
to nil, which disables the expiration.