trans-coord-devel

Re: Generated .xx.html files

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Re: Generated .xx.html files
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 22:50:43 +0200

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:

    I generally agree, but nevertheless we should try to fix it, if it
    is easy.

No doubt we should try to fix it.  But I would like to clear out issues
(as much as I can) from the "Present bugs" secion first.

    Do you have something in mind?  (We have to be careful not
    to strip extra lines in <pre> and maybe <code>, etc.)

I'm thinking about a regular expression that matches (roughly said) all
contiguous whitespace before an opening comment mark `<!--', and then
replaces the match with a single newline.  The so called contiguous
whitespace must contain at least one newline, though, because we do not
want to introduce newlines where there aren't any.

Currently I don't know how to implement this in sed because the regexp
must match a text fragment that spans several lines.  And since I don't
know awk, I'll do it in Guile.