trans-coord-devel

Re: Releasing as a GNU package

From: Kaloian Doganov
Subject: Re: Releasing as a GNU package
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 03:53:16 +0300

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:

    * How to continue the development?  I think we should keep our
      current testbed.

This is the only viable option for now.  Even the basic principles
behind a future reimplementation are not crystalized yet.

    * `make-prototype', `mailfail', etc. seem rather generic names to
      me, so installing them in $PATH might lead to a name collisions,
      although that's probably unlikely.

I believe these files should go to libexecdir, "The directory for
installing executable programs to be run by other programs rather than
by users."

    * We have to ship the DTDs in the tarball, and do some configure
      check if they are present on the system, and if not to install
      them.

May be we should always install those DTDs and leave to downstream
packagers to consider using system-wide DTDs according to their system's
XML policy (if any).

    * The name of the tarball/package -- `gnun' or `gnunited-nations'?

I tend to prefer `gnun' because it is shorter and we're already using
`GNUN' as a short name.