trans-coord-devel

Re: GNUN setup issue

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: GNUN setup issue
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:33:45 +0300

On 12/14/09, Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> wrote:
> В 16:22 +0300 на 13.12.2009 (нд), Ineiev написа:
>> On 12/13/09, Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > No, that's not required at all.
>>
>> So, how do I check?
>
> You don't.  (I don't do it, at least.)

This is a surprise for me. probably because I'm a really new translator.

> If there's a build failure, an
> automatic message is sent to address@hidden (a private list
> for the time being, but all translation projects' members are welcome to
> join).

Perhaps it is ridiculous, but I'm not a member.

> The team leader can also forward the message to you if you don't
> want to be on the list for some reason.  Then you or the team leader
> fixes the bug.  Failing that, one of the web-translators-staff (Anatoly
> is one of them) fixes the bug.  If there's no bug during the build, but
> the translation is generated with typos/grammar errors that you missed
> for some reason, you simply fix them in the .po and commit again.
>
> That's all.  Requiring translators to build the .html variants of the
> translations is too burdensome, I think, so we don't bother.

Thank you, now I see.

>> I think I didn't see in GNUN documentation about copying
>> the makefiles, so I was not sure about it.
>
> IIRC, the recommendation is to make them symlinks, so that the new
> copies are automatically used when installing new GNUN releases.

I tried again and did not find neither GNUmakefile (not GNUmakefile.team),
nor config.mk in gnun.info, and quick search for `links' didn't give me
anything (though I could miss something).

> Thanks; I'm looking into this.  Please give me some time, TIA.

Thank you