tuxread-dev

[Tuxread-dev] Tux4Kids general announcements

From: Samuel Hart
Subject: [Tuxread-dev] Tux4Kids general announcements
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:42:40 -0700

I have a few announcements that should go to the general Tux4Kids audience.
Unfortunately, we don't yet have all the appropriate mailing lists set up, so
I'm just sending it to our most active projects.

Build/Release Support Manager
==
Calvin Arndt <address@hidden> has graciously accepted the task of being
the official File Release & Build Support Manager for Tux4Kids. His duties
will include coordinating file releases with the projects and assisting with
individual projects build procedures (as needed).  If you are a project
manager, Calvin will be the one you inform of new releases. If you are a
binary packager (and want your package released with each project release),
then you will work with Calvin to get your package included in each release.

We will soon have some new infrastructure servers, as well as some new admin
scripts which will make his duties a lot easier. In the meantime, please bear
with us as we transition into the new systems. As soon as everything is set
up for him, we'll let those involved know (privately) the proper procedures
for file releases.

PR Support Manager
==
Cassandra Hart <address@hidden> (my wife ;-) has accepted the task of
being the Tux4Kids PR Support Manager. She will handle major PR releases and
major project announcements. Her duties are still being defined, but any
project managers can feel free to contact her in the interim.

==
We will be migrating our mailing lists to @tux4kids.org. We also will be
having some core, admin, etc. lists @tux4kids.org. Please bear with us until
these are completed. In the meantime, those of you who are supposed to be on
some of the new @tux4kids.org lists, plase don't use them yet. I prematurely
said that they are ready ;-)

Questions? Please direct them (off-list) to me.

--
Sam "Criswell" Hart <address@hidden> AIM, Yahoo!: <criswell4069>
Homepage: < http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ >