uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] Some trouble with a AVR 910 programmer

From: Heiko Engelke
Subject: [Uisp-dev] Some trouble with a AVR 910 programmer
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:38:26 +0100

Hallo,

I am experimenting with the AVR and try to get the processor to work, but I have some problems right at the beginning.

I have an iBook running Mac OS 10.3 with a USB-serial adapter interfacing to my ATMega16 via an avr910 programmer I got from[1]. The serial port shows up in the device tree as /dev/cu.usbserial0, but I can't establish communication:

heiko:go[avr-gcc]$  uisp -dprog=avr910 -dserial=/dev/cu.usbserial0
Programmer is not responding.

I have bought both a development board[3] and the ISP programmer, so there shouldn't be any problems with the hardware connection to the ISP. However, I made the dumb mistake to plug the ISP cable into the board turned by 180°. This was probably the only mistake I could make, so I did ;-) That way, MISO was connected to +5V permanently, all other pins were connected to GND. Could this lead to hardware damage? I hope not …

Do you have some suggestions what I could do to test the programmer and/or the µC? I have played around with the -dpart and -dspeed options, but nothing helps. And yes, the programmer and the board do get power, I've just measured about every single voltage. (There are only +/- 9V coming out of the serial port instead of +/- 12V, though.)

[1] http://a-noack.de/a-noack1-3.html, circuit diagram at [2]
[2] http://a-noack.de/a-noack32.html
[3] http://shop.mikrocontroller.net/csc_article_details.php? &saArticle[ID]=30 – the board came without any documentation. The relevant part is that it has a 10-pin ISP connector.

--