uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] status update

From: Axel
Subject: [uracoli-devel] status update
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 23:38:20 +0100

Hello everybody,

long time no hear, but there is still ongoing activities in µracoli - so it is not dead :-)

Lots of the commits in the last months was dedicated in restructuring
the scons framework and make the tool chain switchable, refactoring
the packaging (next release will come with fewer packages), reworking
documentation and a started port of SAMR21 on a branch.

Currently Daniel and me are working on a regression framework. We combine several DUT boards, that cover most of the hardware abstractions and mount it on a wooden setup boards. The one I just did finish combines carries (see attached picture):

- wdba1281 (mega1281 + uart) ... the good old Meshnetics
  mesh bean - "Квадратный. Практичный. Хороший." !!
- psk23x (mega1281 + FTDI245)
- stp23x (mega1281 + FTDI245, another falvour)
- radiofaro (mega128rfa1 + uart)
- cbb23x (xmega256a3u + uart)
- xplained pro (mega256rfr2)
- AVR Dragon
- a 7 port exsys hub (a really beefy one).

Four of the DUT boards are connected via daisy chain to the AVR dragon (using lehgth resistors).

The whole setup is powered from one USB port (this works even from my ThinkPad T400 running on battery).

Now the next step is improving the regression tests. They will be based
on python unit testing. This allows us to run regression tests in a Jenkins frame work.

... and at your site?

- How do you use µracoli?
- What is good?
- What is missing?
- What can be improved?
- What do other packages better?
- Why did you stopped using µracoli?

We appreciate your feedbac, it will help us to prioritize the next steps.

Best regards and offcourse a happy new year to all readers of this list, Axel