users-prolog

(no subject)

From: Diaz Daniel
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:00:04 +0100 (MET)

Hi David and all,

I'm currently on holidays and I use a poor connection so excuse me if
I dont give you too much detailed information...

If you want to use gplc you need the nasm assembler for windows. You
can find it easily on the net (search for file nasm.exe). Once you
have recovered this file copy it under any directory accessible from
the PATH or in the bin directory of the GNU Prolog installation (by
default: c:\GNU-Prolog\bin).

Other tips under Win32 GNU Prolog:
  - You have a Help in the Microsoft HTML Help Format (using a .chm file)
  - You can access it via the Help Menu.
  - You can also you F1 on a key word (e.g. on built-in names) to access
    to the help of this word.
  - Using gplc, if you want your application benefit from the new GUI simply
    add the --gui-console option to yuor command-line, e.g.:
    % gplc --gui-console my_prolg.pl
  - Once your application is compiled with the GUI you can avoid its launching
    (so run it in console mode) setting the environment variable LINEDIT as
    follows (under bash):
    % export LINEDIT='gui=no'

Enjoy !!!