users-prolog

Re: Always the problem between gplc/gcc

From: Roberto Bagnara
Subject: Re: Always the problem between gplc/gcc
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:46:24 +0200

bruno patin wrote:
When I compile using gplc for the three files, no problem it works (I have to try exceptions but ...). When I produce objects by gcc for the c file and gplc for the pl files and then link with gplc, it works

[...]

Moreover, I only have to know what gplc do that gcc does not do to make my code work...

So, is someone willing to help me ?

Dear Bruno,

did you try to use the -v (--verbose) option of gplc?
If I remember correctly, it causes gplc to print the
commands it executes, thus showing you what it does.
It was thanks to this option that I discovered
some problems I was having were in fact due to a
misfeature in an old version of gplc (see
http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2002-March/001199.html).
All the best

    Roberto

--