Re: How to read a line of text?

From: Vic Bancroft
Subject: Re: How to read a line of text?
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:30:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Ron Stodden wrote:

> My statement was that gprolog is missing a not(<predicate>) operator.
> Pretty
> basic stuff, and easier to type than \+.

Since the negation operator defined in the ISO prolog standard is \+ that
might be the best reference for the behavior.  Looking back over the mail
logs, Daniel suggests that the following definition for not/1,

  not(Goal) :-  \+ Goal.

One could use op/3 if using the parens is inconvenient.  What priority are
you accustomed to having for that operator ?

There were a few folks pulling together some predicates that were handy
for porting programs from other varients of prolog.  Perhaps that effort
could be revisited.

No bugs were harmed in the development of this software.