users-prolog

Re: saving, restoring prolog state in binary form

From: Mayuresh
Subject: Re: saving, restoring prolog state in binary form
Date: 10 Jun 2004 13:11:20 +0530

Hi.

I am a new comer to this list as well as to the world of prolog.
Apologies, if this kind of question has already been discussed on the
list.

Not sure whether this question sounds relevant to various prolog users.
I am trying to save the state of prolog for use in a subsequent session.
Such requirement arises while trying to use prolog in forward chaining
mode where inferences drawn are to be asserted as facts for future use.

Will be of great help if someone can tell whether there are any
efficient ways of doing this. (At present, I use "listing" to dump all
the predicates and then "consult" them again in a subsequent session.
This involves a lot of i/o and is somewhat slow.)

<snip>
> But is there any way the prolog state could be saved and restored in
> binary form? Guess, this could make the store/load operations much
> faster than the above approach.
</snip>

TIA.
Mayuresh.