users-prolog

Can i use prolog?

From: Rajil Saraswat
Subject: Can i use prolog?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:55:40 +0100

Hello mates,
I am stuck on a problem and was wondering if prolog could be the answer.

The problem is that i want to use some decision making system to optimise a
process which has a lot of control variables. Some of these variables are
interrelated through simple equations, whereas other variables are
qualitative in nature.

 For example for a live wire,we can have a relation that
Voltage=Current*Resistance.
 This is a simple quantitative relation. But if this wire is hanging on a pole
in the open then i can say if the windspeed goes up, the voltage can go down
(i.e. cable may snap). Now this would be qualitative relationship.

For qualitative reasons, i just want to display the results on the computer
and not ask the computer to come up with a reasoning(we dont know the
physics).

My objective is to make a decision tree/table for the whole process. Can
prolog help me?

cheers
Rajil