users-prolog

Re: Problems installing gprolog on mac os x

From: Lindsey Spratt
Subject: Re: Problems installing gprolog on mac os x
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:56:02 -0000

On Dec 7, 2005, at 6:26 PM, Paulo Moura wrote:

On 2005/12/07, at 23:24, Pierre Gianni wrote:

Hi, I would like to know how to install gprolog on Mac OS X.
It would be nice if somebody who did install the software successfully
could explain to me how he did it.

DarwinPorts?

There is also a fink port. Note that gprolog will not compile on "standard" Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger) because Tiger uses gcc 4 by default. You can use the command:

sudo gcc_select 3.3

to set the default gcc compiler to version 3.3.

I have some modifications that make gprolog compile with gcc 4 but they aren't very pretty.

Lindsey