users-prolog

Can I use GNU Prolog with Visual C++ 2008 Express?

From: John Small
Subject: Can I use GNU Prolog with Visual C++ 2008 Express?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:40:04 -0500

One problem with using C++ 2008 Express is MS changed
the library name from LIBC to  LIBCP.

So if I try to compile

            gplc  hello_world.pl

Because various gprolog libraries refer to LIBC I get a linker error:

     LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBC.lib'
     compilation failed.

I tried to find MSVC 6.0 on the net but couldn't.  Does anyone
know where I can download it from?

VC++ 2008 Express is the current free download compiler/linker.
Any chance of getting a gprolog Win32 auto-install setup compiled under
VC++ 2008 version?

Thanks!

John