users-prolog

mac port not really working

From: running
Subject: mac port not really working
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:52:35 +0100

Hello,

I want to use mac port of gprolog and it's not really working.

My problem is this - I can run the "gnuprolog" program, without
parameters, just fine - but after I use the --entry-goal or
--query-goal , it just falls down with:
"Fatal Error: Segmentation Violation"
error message.

So, if I run the example from the manual:

" gprolog --init-goal 'write(before), nl' --entry-goal 'write(inside),
nl' --query-goal 'append([a,b],[c,d],X)' "

I have "before" and "Fatal Error: Segmentation Violation" on shell.
Even if I run only

"gprolog --query-goal 'something(else)'" or "gprolog --entry-goal
'something(else)'", I have the same fatal error. If I run gprolog and
THEN enter, manually, the same query into gprolog, it works just fine.

Well, more about my computer - I use Mac OS X 10.5.6 build 9G55, 1.66
GHz Intel Core Duo processor. I tried to install gprolog both through
macports (with "port install gprolog") and the package on your site,
both with the same effect. I am clueless what's going on.

Karel BĂ­lek