users-prolog

Re: how to suppress the start up banner ?

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: how to suppress the start up banner ?
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:44:54 +0200

Hi,

if you want to avoid the banner you should use --input-goal instead of
--query-goal. In this case you have to load the file manually instead of using
--consult-file.

Try :

gprolog --init-goal 'consult(my_file),my_goal,halt'

However you will obtain the message from the compiler (lines read/bytes
written,…).

If you want to avoid this message, you have to compile natively your file using

gplc my_file.pl

You then obtain an executable called my_file. Add a :- initialization directive
in my_file.pl as follows:

:- initialization((my_goal, halt)).

the when you run

./my_file