ututo

Re: [UTUTO-GNU] Root Password?

From: Daniel Olivera
Subject: Re: [UTUTO-GNU] Root Password?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:08:00 -0300

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:55:51 -0300
"Chris M. Simon" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am new to Ututo and I installed ututo-xs 686 and everything is
> great and fine except when I attempt to adjust the date & time or
> some such, viz: using a console/terminal and typing 'su', . . . I
> don't know what the password is and IIRC in the beginning of the
> installation it mentioned that 'superuser: root is disabled'? I don't
> know what to do? Thanks in advance, Cheers--

Root password is locked.
You need login as "ututo" user and them make "sudo bash" in text-based
console.
Them you can assign new password to root or use "sudo" to
start root user in UTUTO.
If you assign new root password, "su" is possible or login like root
in UTUTO

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (Mate.Cosido)