vampire-public

[Vampire-public] Bleeding Hearts: The Diary of a Country Vampire

From: T. P. Keating
Subject: [Vampire-public] Bleeding Hearts: The Diary of a Country Vampire
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

Bleeding Hearts: The Diary of a Country Vampire
By T. P. Keating
Published by Lulu.com
ISBN: 1-4116-4815-3
Available to download for US$2.50, or as a
paperback for US$12.48.

Medication can keep Connie's minor vampire
heritage, but not the world, at bay. By accident,
she discovers that mixing this cutting-edge
medication with a glass of white wine will turn
her into a bat. After fate takes Connie from
London to Saxmundham, Suffolk, she makes the
acquaintance of blood, death and an Army of
Darkness. But it's not all positive.

A mysterious combination of earthquake and
explosion produces a part-radioactive,
part-magical contamination, so that her new home
falls within an exclusion zone for humans. A
colony has been born. Then Connie's invisible,
Harley Street doctor informs her of a new twist
in her non-human heritage, which precedes her
direct involvement with a prophecy, and a quest
to save the fledgling colony.

Her main ally is the town squire from the Middle
Ages, a full-blown vampire who now drums in a
folk-metal band, the other members of which are
fast-moving, out of focus local spirit beings.

http://www.lulu.com/content/160960

(with a FREE preview online)

“An unusual take on the vampire myth that manages
to reference the old stereotypes and avoid them
at the same time. I liked it a lot.”
MICHAEL CARROLL, JUDGING PANEL OF THE JAMES WHITE
AWARD, FOR WHICH A CHAPTER OF THE BOOK WAS
NOMINATED.

“If only there was about a hundred more like
you!”
ILLONA VAMP, EDITOR OF BLOODLUST-UK.

“Garlic be damned. There's no vampire mojo
powerful enough to help us resist this enticing
romp by T.P. Keating.  Lured into his into his
masterful web of bats, assorted ghouls and things
that go slurp in the night; we're ultimately
seduced by the melanin-challenged Connie. She's
part vamp, obsessed with sunscreen almost as much
as the next tempting jugular. The moon is full,
the creatures are rampant, and every page is a
decadent pleasure. Nothing to do but stock up on
some back-up plasma and surrender. With Keating
leading us through this delightful darkness,
what's a few fang marks between friends?”
GINA GALLO, AUTHOR OF ARMED AND DANGEROUS:
MEMOIRS OF A CHICAGO COP.

Q. Why have I received this e-mail?
A. Because:
* We have contributed to the same magazines
and/or anthologies.
*  We have corresponded directly, on the subject
of writing.
*  You belong to a forum that discusses vampires
etc.
* You have a connection with folk-metal (a term
which I thought I had invented for the book, but
which turned out to be an actual, recent,
fascinating genre all of its own).
*  You have a connection with Saxmundham, and/or
Suffolk (UK or USA).

Q. Will I be sent further e-mails regarding the
book?
A. This e-mail is a one-off. If receipt of it has
offended, then I apologize in advance.

All comments on the book are welcome. More
information about the author is available from:
www.tpkeating.com.

Bleeding Hearts: The Diary of a Country Vampire.
An ideal gift for Halloween, birthdays,
Christmas...

Regards,
T. P. Keating