vcdimager-gui-devel

Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/V

From: Fredrik Blom
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VCDImager
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:07:12 +0100

Laurens Koehoorn wrote:
<snip>
> > but well, I can modify the --version output to have a different format,
> > when the --gui option is given as well...
> >
> > e.g.
> > <version major="0" minor="7" micro="10pre4" arch="linux-gnu/i686" />
>
> If you have such output, can you help me with some XML interpreter for
> win32/c++ (like a DLL)? If not, I've got to figure out myself how I can
> interprete XML (handy if I want to export/import 'projects' in plain XML
> instead of unreadable binary files).
>
> cu.

I use the MSXML3 parser, which is a COM-thing, and IMHO it works quite
okay using VC++.
I must admit though, that I don't use the parser for the thing You
describe above, but only for parsing the VCD xml. I have written
"dedicated" parsing routines for the output of version info and for
extracting info from the build and scan processes.

/Rico