vcdimager-gui-devel

Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VC

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: Questions and stuff about the VCDXBuild/VCDImager
Date: 29 Nov 2001 18:20:12 +0100

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 16:40, Laurens Koehoorn wrote:
> > I use the MSXML3 parser, which is a COM-thing, and IMHO it works quite
> > okay using VC++.
btw, www.libxml.org may also be a good XML library (it's the one I use
in vcdimager...)

> > I must admit though, that I don't use the parser for the thing You
> > describe above, but only for parsing the VCD xml. I have written
> > "dedicated" parsing routines for the output of version info and for
> > extracting info from the build and scan processes.
>
> As for now, my app only supports VCDimager starting from version 0.7.7, so
> if the user has a lower release, where some tags doesn't work, VCDxBuild
> will complain automaticly.

> Till now, I retrieve the whole -V information and am going to search for the
> line with the version. Then I parse the version out of this line..

fyi, the following already works...

$ vcdxbuild --gui -V
<version program="vcdxbuild" major="0" minor="7" micro="11"
platform="linux-gnu/i386" />

> BTW. I create the XML completely my self, without using any parser.
> The parser would for me aspecially interesting for importing XML , not
> exporting which I already "manually" do.

well... it's ok to create the XML 'manually', but you could the XML
library do that for you based on a DOM tree representation of your
data... the big advantage is, if done right, you get importing the XML
back almost for free... :-)

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key