Re: [VM] IMAP folders with space in name

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] IMAP folders with space in name
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 09:44:59 +0000

BobNewell writes:

> The problem I can't get past, no doubt due to senility, is how to
> specify Gmail folders with a space in the name. I did vm-list-imap-
> folders and we have things like
>
> [Gmail]/Sent Mail
>
> and
>
> [Gmail]/All Mail
>
> When I try to visit one of these, nothing works. The minute I get to
> the space character, VM wants to find completions. Quotes don't help.

What do you mean by "specify"?  Typing in the folder name in the minibuffer?
I think Gnu Emacs, by default, doesn't use <SPC> for completion.  You must
have altered the minibuffer keymap.  In the worst case, you could go back to
the default keymap.  Or you could pick the folder name with the mouse from
the *Completions* buffer.

If you are actually going to be using virtual folders, you could pick your
own virtual folder name and avoid spaces in it.

(I think IMAP folder name completion didn't work fully in the 8.2.0a
release.  Anthony Mallet fixed it a few revisions later.  I intend to get
the next release out by the end of the holiday season.)

Cheers,
Uday