Re: [VM] searching in mime encoded email

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] searching in mime encoded email
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:05:59 +0100

John Hein writes:

> Will it always be the case that base64 is used instead of raw binary?
> No - some day raw binary may flow freely over email channels.  And I
> agree vm should be prepared for it.  The biggest issue might be
> migrating away from the default mbox format for local folders
> (separate topic).

How email flows over email channels doesn't concern us really.  We are
talking about what to do with it after it arrives.

(Even after the world declares to itself that 8bit is safe, there will still
be some mailers that will keep encoding things into 7bit for eternity.
Let us punt that issue.  It is totally irrelevant.)

Cheers,
Uday