[VM] Accessing large IMAP folders

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [VM] Accessing large IMAP folders
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:53:06 -0400

My IMAP folders tend to be large (like 500M for the most important
ones).  VM seems to have serious trouble with such large folders.
Is there any tricks we can play, short of shrinking those folders?

I guess part of the issue is that VM keeps the whole folder in an Emacs
buffer and that Emacs isn't very good at handling really large buffers,
but I'd like a solution that doesn't add work to the Emacs maintainers ;-)

        Stefan