Re: [vile] vile bug report - inconsistent tabbing at end of line?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] vile bug report - inconsistent tabbing at end of line?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:38:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, George Eccles wrote:

(vile version 9.6 for win32, built Dec 28 2007 01:06:55 with Visual C++)
Win XP, sp2

I think I keep running into this, where I append ('A') on a line, start tabbing, and the new text is not aligned with the normal tab positions.

It doesn't always happen. And, if I go back to the right-most non-white char, delete ('D') the trailing spaces, and then append again, it comes out right.

I can send more info, if it would be helpful. I'm using notabinsert, if that's the relevant parameter. (Tabs are placed as spaces.)

That sounds like it could be the same as the bug reported by Steven Lembark a couple of weeks ago. You might want to try the executables
I have in the installer-form here for instance:

ftp://invisible-island.net/vile/winvile-wide-setup-9_6e.exe

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net