Re: [vile] Question about regions

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [vile] Question about regions
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:24:57 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
 > If I have a region selected using the 'q' operator and I don't wish to see it
 > highlighted anymore.  Is there a single key command that already performs
 > this?  Currently I just hit qq twice without moving the cursor. I know I can
 > create a map I just don't know if a command already exists for this.
 >
 > If I have the cursor in the middle of a line and use a sequence like this
 > ^X-d}.  The entire paragraph is deleted starting from the beginning of the
 > line on which the cursor resides.  If I use a sequence where I select a
 > region
 > like so '-dq' this does not delete entire lines on which the region begins
 > and ends it deletes only the characters selected in the region.  What I'm
 > looking for is a type of block mode region selection where entire lines are
 > selected, I'm not looking for rectangle selection.

from a quick look at cmdtbl (in the source), and a quick test, it
looks like you can bind to "quoted-fullline-motion" and get what
you want.   but to get it to work (after binding it to 's', which i
never use), i had to type
    ds<motion>q
instead of
    ds<motion>s
which is what i think i would have expected.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 52.3 degrees)