Re: [vile] Non-us keyboard layout mishandling.

From: Ramil Farkhshatov
Subject: Re: [vile] Non-us keyboard layout mishandling.
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 03:24:33 +0300

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Ramil Farkhshatov wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> > Vile in normal mode interprets keypresses made in non-us layout (e.g.
> > utf-8 cyrillic) as a sequence of us (latin) keypresses and does random
> > actions or sets 'arg: ' to some huge values. This behaviour makes
> > confusion when editing. I think that vile should ignore such keypresses.
>
> vile should...
>
> This sounds like a special case which I thought I'd fixed: if your machine
> doesn't have the corresponding ru_RU locale data installed, then vile may
> have incomplete information on the locale.
>
> Is that the case?

Machine have ru_RU.UTF-8 locale. At least it is generated by glibc's
(v2.12.1) 'localedef' and it is shown in 'locale -a' output list. And I
didn't have any locale issues before except for vile behaviour.

I discovered that then I run vile with C locale:
LANG=C vile
it writes '[Key not bound]' under 'ru' keyboard layout in normal mode.

When run with en_GB.UTF-8 locale it acts the same as with ru_RU.UTF-8
locale.