Re: [vile] deleting blank lines over a range

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] deleting blank lines over a range
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:58:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 May 2011, address@hidden wrote:

It would be preferable if force-blank-lines, or something like it, operated
over a range, motion command or region.

agreed (this doesn't seem hard...)

Or a more general solution would be to allow the g or v command to operate
over a range: :<range>g/^$/d

yes... I don't recall it being discussed in a while - requires some
extension to the way things are parsed.  I'll revisit that.