[vile] how can I learn more about viles 'hypertext' feature?

From: ben
Subject: [vile] how can I learn more about viles 'hypertext' feature?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 19:05:32 +0100

hi

I don't know if this is too ambitious, but I'd like use viles hypertext features for different tasks ( a simple wiki, literate programming and a simple email client ). AFAIK there are two well known plugins that use hypertext features: the filebrowser and the grep tool.

Although I did a lot of code studying in those Perl source and also in the c code, I don't think I understand how it work and how it can be used. The Perl code of the filebrowser is the most revealing one but still a bit hard to follow, then the grep tool can't be compared and uses the hypertext features in some other ways.

I think hypertext is a very usable feature especially when it comes too navigating in (large) code or text bases. It would be great to have a little more documentation about the feature from a developer perspective.

regards
ben