Re: [vile] Fonts-Lucida typewriter?

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: [vile] Fonts-Lucida typewriter?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 22:01:45 +0000

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:47:06PM +0000, James Freer wrote:
>> [xubuntu 12.04]
>>
>> I've just started using vile/xvile today. I'm a little unsure on why
>> it seems to try and load 'Lucida typewriter'.
>>
>> Perhaps someone can just put me right on this. I imagine the best
>> route is an rc file.
>
> There's more than one configuration file for xvile:
>         the ".rc" files (sourced via ~/.vilerc)
>         vilemenu.rc (specially read by xvile)
>         XVile (the X11 app-defaults file)
>
> Most of the fonts are loaded (on demand) through vilemenu.rc
>
> I see that in the app-defaults file, the menu font is
>         *menubar*font: lucidasans-10
> which is probably what you're seeing.  Currently the menus are
> configured once at startup, but the logic could be modified to
> make the menus use the same font as the rest of xvile (sounds like
> several hour's work - at the moment I've lynx and xterm fixes to work...)
>
> --
> Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at the vilemenu.rc and see what
i can deduce.

I thought i'd try Vile/Xvile as i find Vim and Emacs rather heavy for
my uses. Essentially i use a text editor for writing rather than
programming so my requirements are for something less demanding to
learn. So my requirements are different from many users.

james