web-hurd

hurd.gnu.org site construction project

From: Jim Franklin
Subject: hurd.gnu.org site construction project
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 00:37:29 -0700

Hi Folks,
 Jeff Bailey and myself are in the process of putting a hurd.gnu.org site
construction project into high gear. Jeff will handle admin with the gnu.org
folks and I will be building web pages and handle the admin duties with the
hurd community if that develops.
 Jeff is in the process of getting web space for the project where web
pages, doxs, pictures and other stuff (stuff being just about anything that
can be of use in the project) can be stored. The deadline for this project
will be May 31, 2001 .
 If you have any suggestions on the structure and content of the web site at
gnu.org please write to us at address@hidden and let us know your thoughts
and suggestions.
 If you would like to contribute to the construction of the site we would
appreciate that very much. My thoughts on the matter are that anything you
want to contribute to the site we will try to put it in. I believe in the
anarchy generating creativity concept that the hurd hackers seem to embrace.
That being the case I will try not to make any(many) rules for this project.
It will be, if you see something that needs to be done and you want to do it
then that's great, go for it. If you see something you don't want to do then
don't do it.
 One thing I would ask is that all contributions be copyrighted with the GNU
GPL copyright http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html or the GNU FDL copyright
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html#SEC1 . I believe this is important, it
protects you, your work and GNU.ORG and gives credit to you for the work and
effort you have put into project.
 I am planning on having a section of the hurd.gnu.org site devoted to
listing the pages and documents with the names of the contributors, editors,
artists, translators and etc. I feel that people who put in the effort
should be thanked and praised in this way for their efforts.
 I'll pass on userID and password to everyone when Jeff gets the web storage
space.
 I wish you all well and look forward to hearing your input on the project
on the address@hidden mailing list.

Jim Franklin