web-hurd

RE: the hurd source code included at hurd.gnu.org

From: Jim Franklin
Subject: RE: the hurd source code included at hurd.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:49:00 -0700

Hi,
 I've been trying to think of the best approach to moving this part of the
website project forward. I don't have the ability to handle this part of the
project so I think we should ask around to various groups for assistance in
implementing the source code webpages.
 The webmasters know the gnu.org site inside out so are the logical folks to
approach for a workable solution or approach to a workable solution.
 Jeff, would you be willing to liaison with the webmasters to see if:

)they have a webmaster in training who could assist us in this
or
)they could assist us in this
or
)they or someone they know could outline an approach to a solution for us

 I think Ognyan's suggestion of using gnu GLOBAL is an excellent idea. I'll
check out the tutorial link and join the mailing list. Perhaps we can
recruit assistance there as well since it is helping another gnu project. If
we can do it for the hurd source then we should be able to do it for the
GNUMach source as well.
 The steps for implementing the source code into web pages needs to be
documented so it can be repeated for other projects. Like Ognyan said this
is something ground breaking and revolutionary for gnu.org and could very
well be a wave for the future of other gnu project websites. This point of
view when approaching folks for assistance could help in getting us
assistance.
 Please add your suggestions. I am planning on holding to the deadline which
is why I don't think we have time to do all the learning we need in order to
do this ourselves. I could be wrong though :)

Jim