web-hurd

News item for ABI switch

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: News item for ABI switch
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:46:46 +0200

Hi!

Marcus, is this news item ok with you? (Most of the text was taken from
the discussion on debian-hurd).

---- schnip! ----
<DT>April 19 2002</DT>
<DD>We are about to make the switch to libio in the Debian GNU/Hurd
archive now.  The old stdio `hurd-i386' binaries are removed already, so
that we can begin uploading.  What this means for you is that when
packages start to reappear, it is probably best to wipe out your system
and re-install.  No effort has been made to make this an easy
transition.  Please wait until we uploaded the Debian packages and the
mirrors got them.  It can only be a matter of days.
</P>
---- schnip! ----

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang