web-hurd

Re: Hebrew patches...

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Hebrew patches...
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 12:39:15 +0200

   UTF-8 is the current encoding we use in the GNU hebrew translation
   team, since it has wider support than hebrew encodings, and it is
   the best to use on the long term (since unicode has a big
   probability of becoming the leading encoding system).

Maybe I misunderstood something (all those weird character sets
confuse me :).  The current documents have letters encoded in this
way:

ה Hurd ולינוקס

The document in question looked something like this:

\327\234\327\242\327\221\327\250

I assumed that the later was UTF-8.  Why the difference?

   Let me know if you prefer me to use regular ISO-8859-8-I encoding,
   or if you want me to send an updated patch with UTF-8 documents
   only.

Better to use whatever the GNU Hebrew translation team uses...