web-hurd

Re: Alternate Design for hurd.g.o

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Alternate Design for hurd.g.o
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:59:54 +0100

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 06:12:28AM +0100, Patrick Strasser wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've CSS-ified the front page of hurd.gnu.org and tried a few things
> [1]. I'd be interested in comments. Probably some things are useful.
>
> Try to switch the stylesheets. At least Mozilla and Opera are capable of
> doing this.

I have not looked at your work yet, but here is a general remark you should
know about:  There are GNU web coding guidelines at
http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html
linked from
http://www.gnu.org/server/

There is also a gnu.css that might be useful.  Please note that the
guidelines has many, sometimes small rules, like ending links to directories
with a slash, and where to use absolute and where relative URLs etc.
Please try to follow them all, and if you need to divert fo a good reason
please point it out so we can take a closer look.  I'd be happy about a
better web site design, esp one that makes it easier to add more content,
but the current ones follow the rules, and it wasn't too hard to do that, so
I would like to keep that part an invariant under the transition :)

Thanks,
Marcus
address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/