web-hurd

Re: Debian GNU/Hurd presence at LinuxTag

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: Debian GNU/Hurd presence at LinuxTag
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:53:56 +0200

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 09:43:45AM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    "Hurd: What for a long time lasts, becomes infinitely good?"
>
> Since the translatoion is cute, I purpose the following as a news
> entry as a quick draft, some details need to be filled out.  Like
> where the presentation and talks are going to be given. Will there be
> tshirts sold?

I suggest you check back with Wolfgang as I don't think this translation
is accurate. I believe the german proverb Wolfgang derived his title
from is rather about the 'process of getting there' than 'lasting'.
At least that's how I read it when first noting the title, and I think
it would make a bit more sense WRT the Hurd.

> It is once again time for GNU/<A
> href="http://www.linuxtag.org/2004/index.html";>LinuxTag</A>, this year
> (2004) Wolfgang Jährling will give a general talk about the Hurd in
> Germen titled "Hurd: Was lange waehrt, wird unendlich gut?" ("Hurd:
> What for a long time lasts, becomes infinitely good?") on June the
> 25th, at 15:00.  Michael Banck will give a presentation of Debian
> GNU/Hurd on Debian Day, June 24th.

Michael