web-hurd

Re: About merging the Hurd homepage and the Hurd wiki

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: About merging the Hurd homepage and the Hurd wiki
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:45:56 -0500

Thomas Schwinge wrote:
<snip>
To come to an end here, Barry, please select a port to use for the
<http://www.bddebian.com:PORT/~wiki/>-style URLS.  Then configure your
router for forwarding this port to 192.168.10.62, which is the IP of the
webserver-to-be, running on zenhost as a domU, and which is going to
replace the dedicated shitbox machine.

Speaking of zenhost, what can we do about the port 2260 forwarding
problem?  Try using a different port?  Is 2260 also documented as being
blocked by your ISP as well?  (You have received/read/undersigned the
terms and conditions, not me.)

I can do neither of these without your cooperation.

Regards,
 Thomas

Thomas,

OK, http://www.bddebian.com:8888/ should work. (Unfortunately I couldn't use 8080 either). I can't find anything about 2260 being blocked. Is there any chance that zenhost itself isn't liking something??

Thanks!

Barry