wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] The problem with Knalgans....

From: Susanna Björverud
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] The problem with Knalgans....
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:49:28 +0100

Hej allesammans,

And old truth that does deserve to be repeated yet again is: NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE MAINLINE. (Sorry for shouting)

If the forum/wiki etc are considered unsatisfactory for storing image sets for units, then I would much rather see an extension to the campaign server (and I am not even sure it needs to be extended) to be able to upload unit repositories, either with or without stats. For the Dwarvish Runemaster line to be available to all campaign devs, I guess all that is needed is an unplayable mini-campaign featuring only these units to be uploaded to the campaign server, with a name clearly specifying it is a unit rep. not a playable campaign. If I am wrong, and this is not possible, tell me so.

As for balancing _races_, which is what I take 'making Classic balanced' means, I thought it had long been decided that this is not something we intend to do, that factions should be balanced, but not races, and that Classic era is more or less a cave-in for demands from players wanting to play another kind of game than the one most of us wants to play. If the existance of the classic era yet again brings forth claims to make races balanced, I vote for the exclusion of the Classic era from mainline Wesnoth. If there are enough players that want to play by race, then they are most free to create such an era themselves.

/Sanna