wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] River Ford

From: James Spencer
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] River Ford
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:51:57 -0500

Scott has finished an update of the 'Siege of Elensfar' to make the
scenario do some interesting things with the thieves. The one hitch is
that he added a river ford terrain. Personally I rather like the
terrain and can see a few immediate uses for it, but before I hit
commit I want to take it to the list. The relevant info is this (I'll
attach a pic):

terrain-graphics.cfg:
{TERRAIN_BASE                 x ford}
{TERRAIN_ADJACENT          -201        x      !x      ford}  # don't
know if this one's really necessary
{TERRAIN_ADJACENT          -188        ftgvX xcZp\|/  grassland-to-water}

terrain.cfg:
[terrain]
symbol_image=ford
id=ford
name= _ "Ford"
char=x
aliasof=g
submerge=0.3
unit_height_adjust=-4
[/terrain]

The only concern I have is the use of the letter 'x' as I though we
informally reserved it for custom terrains. Also, this is the version
of the ford picture I have, Scott & Shadow have apparently been
working on an updated image.

A verdict from management would be greatly appreciated [and / or a
suggestion for a better letter] :)