wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] A Canyons Fix

From: James Spencer
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] A Canyons Fix
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:28:59 -0500

OK, I think I've fixed the canyons. The problem with the old canyons
was that they used the old grass. The solution is simple- draw the
canyons as and overlay on top of the current grass forever decoupling
them.

2 Problems:
1) I can't do art
2) The terrain system scares the heck out of me

Joseph Simmons was kind enough to to provide me with canyons with the
grass removed. I removed a few stray pixels, problem #1 solved.

Problem #2- I have no Idea if this was the correct way of going about it:
I added the line {TERRAIN_BASE                 X grassland-r1} above
{CANYON X canyon} in terrain-graphics.cfg. Then I went into
canyons.cfg and changed all references of 'base' to 'overlay'. Given
the rarity of the terrain I don't think 'overlay' overhead will be too
much.

I'm attaching before and after pictures. As a footnote I now have a
far deeper respect for anybody making terrain graphics (Because that
is some dense WML).

I'm seeking permission to commit the images & terrain file updates...

_Shade