wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] Unexpected changes with 0.9.0

From: Asa Swain
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Unexpected changes with 0.9.0
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

It's clear the changes in 0.9.0 have had unexpected
consequences for some campaigns. I was testing my
campaign to see if there were any major errors with
0.9.0. One big change I noticed was that commands that
occur during the "prestart" event now occur on the
screen. I thought the whole idea of the "prestart"
commands were that they could happen invisibly, before
the map was displayed to the player. If you start
Under the Burning Suns from the beginning, you'll see
Kaleh jump to the center of the map, and the area he
started in is now visible. This never happened in the
past, and I think it is very useful for campaign
designers to be able to edit the map and units
invisibly before the scenario starts. I hope that this
change is just a bug.

Thanks,

Asa