wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] mp-name generator improvements

From: Jérémy Rosen
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] mp-name generator improvements
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:47:04 +0200

Le Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:57:09 -0500,
David White <address@hidden> a écrit:

> So, fixing this should be as simple as making the VILLAGE_NAMES macro
> (found in names.cfg) use a translatable string of possible name-endings,
> right?
>
> That way, for instance, the German translation could make villages end
> in things like 'stadt' instead of 'ham'.
>
> David

Dave, if I read you correctly, this means that in a MP game, the same village
would have a different name for each player depending on it's local language ?

I see a good side and a bad side to tha tidea

the good side is that it might help if I play with someone using a local I
don't have (what if the game creator is japanese... I don't have the font to
display the village names, neither do I have the input to put them in
discussion)

the bad side is that It might get tricky to agree on what we are taliking about
in a mp game (of course labels and hex positions will help)

A+
Boucman